Marketing, Sponsorship and Communications Developer
Nelson Provincial Museum
Permanent part-time position.
Nelson Provincial Museum is seeking an energetic and pro-active Marketing, Sponsorship and Communications Developer to join our dynamic team.
The Marketing, Sponsorship and Communications Developer forms one of the Museum’s main interfaces with our visitors, the general public, and media. The role is to convey what we do to our range of diverse stakeholders; including promoting our exciting and ever-changing programme of exhibitions and public events, our regions award-winning collection and the Museum’s corporate communications.
A quick-thinker, you will be able to seamlessly move between big-picture and detail, and to ‘think on your feet’, responding to matters as they arise. You will actively work with the CEO and the Experience and Leadership teams, to develop and implement communication, sponsorship and marketing across all our channels; develop and pitch stories to promote the Museum activity, increase awareness, and strengthen our positive image in the public eye.
This is a permanent, part-time position, working 20 hours, Monday to Friday. Flexible time arrangements are negotiable. Additional hours might be available at peak times subject to negotiation. The successful applicant will start as soon as possible.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective and engaging content writing skills catering for different audiences
- Strong presentation skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to think strategically and translate this into sponsorship tactics
- Experience working in a range of digital channels (web, social)
- Have strong networks and existing relationships with local media and sponsors
- Be a self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative
- A passion for working in teams in a positive, open, and encouraging way
- Understanding of the role and importance of museums to their communities
- A genuine appreciation of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, biculturalism and cultural diversity
If you are looking for a fun an rewarding job like no other and want to be part of our passionate, forward-thinking team, the job description and application form are available on our website www.nelsonmuseum.co.nz/vacancies/
Please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 26th April 2019