Museum and gallery membership
Our museum and gallery members support Museums Aotearoa to be a strong professional organisation for New Zealand’s museum sector. We welcome institutions who subscribe to and act in accordance with our Code of Ethics.
Register or renew your organisational membership
We are working on an online form for joining as a museum and gallery member. In the meantime, please contact us if you wish to join or send us this form.
Download the museum membership application form (PDF, 85.9KB)
Organisational membership benefits
Benefits of an organisational Museums Aotearoa membership include:
- advocacy with the government and other stakeholders lobbying for the promotion of museums and galleries in the community
- access to special interest groups including Kāhui Kaitiaki (for Māori staff in museums) and Touring Exhibitions Network NZ (TENNZ) and other professional networks for your staff
- regular e-news to staff about Aotearoa museums and galleries, and notices about national and international events
- full access to the Museums Aotearoa website by staff and active volunteers, including member-only publications and resources
- free copies of printed Museums Aotearoa publications
- email advice to staff of significant notices, including national and international jobs, funding, research opportunities and partnerships
- discounted rates for all staff and active volunteers to attend our annual conference and other events
- all staff and active volunteers get discounted individual membership (with voting rights)
We can also accept non-voting museum and gallery members who do not meet our criteria - to talk about this possibility, contact us.