Museums Aotearoa Te Tari o Ngā Whare Taonga o Te Motu
Our Admin & Membership Manager is moving on and so MA is looking for a great all-rounder to fill this important position.
Are you committed to the future of museums and galleries? Are you an efficient administrator with great people skills?
Museums Aotearoa is the membership organisation for Aotearoa New Zealand’s museums and art galleries, with around 200 member institutions, reaching over 1600 individuals. We are a small and nimble professional association dedicated to supporting our nation’s museums and art galleries to thrive. Our activities include advocacy on behalf of the sector; communications, advice and professional development opportunities for members; coordinating data gathering and research; arranging networking and learning events and an awards programme.
We’re looking for a skilled and enthusiastic person to join our team as Administration and Membership Manager. In this role you will:
- make our Wellington office systems hum efficiently
- be the first point of contact for members, and actively contribute to membership support
- prepare and produce regular MA member communications
- support member events, including webinars, hui and awards
This role will suit someone pursuing a career in museums and galleries or the wider cultural sector. We are looking for someone who:
- has experience in office administration, ideally in a membership or non-profit environment
- will enjoy working with the diverse membership of Museums Aotearoa, ranging from major national galleries and museums to small volunteer-run organisations
- is well-organised and detail-focused, able to work independently and apply good judgement
- has experience working in a bicultural environment (Te Reo Māori is an advantage)
- demonstrates a commitment to their own learning and continuous improvement
In return, we offer an unparalleled opportunity to learn about the museum industry, freedom to experiment and innovate, and professional development opportunities to increase your skills and knowledge.
The role is based in our Tory Street office, Wellington. This is a permanent part-time role (30 hours per week), with some flexibility around when and where hours are worked. Some travel is expected, pandemic restrictions permitting.
For more information and to apply, contact Phillipa Tocker, Executive Director.