Alexander Turnbull Library
Events Manager Extraordinaire for centenary celebrations
The Alexander Turnbull Library is officially 100 years old. We have a brilliant programme and are seeking an Events Manager to make it happen. This is a senior position within the Alexander Turnbull Library offered on a fixed term, full time basis to focus specifically on organising a range of initiatives and events relating to the Library’s centenary. The successful candidate(s) will have experience working in the cultural sector, be highly organised, and be an excellent communicator, working with a wide range of stakeholders. Job share proposals will be considered.
Key activities are:
- Event coordination, communication, public relations
- Stake holder liaison and management
- Project management
- Project administration
- Better New Zealand
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
Information and Knowledge Services (IKS) | Te Tahuhu Iringa Korero
The Alexander Turnbull Library is part of the National Library of New Zealand sits within the Information and Knowledge Services branch, the Department’s epicentre of information management, culture and heritage. Our branch is all about collecting, storing and preserving important things that are precious to New Zealand, and making them accessible.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government