The New Zealand Portrait Gallery Te Pūkenga Whakaata
The New Zealand Portrait Gallery Te Pūkenga Whakaata is looking for a part time Audience Engagement Coordinator (22.5hrs per week with additional hours by mutual agreement).
This role is key in developing the gallery’s profile as a leading arts institution and enhancing the Gallery experience of a wide variety of audiences. This is a diverse and busy role covering public programmes, education, communications, retail and day to day administration. This role requires some weekend and evening work, flexibility is advantageous.
Experience and skills sought include:
- Experience in audience engagement, partnership building, arts marketing or arts management, or developing education and public programmes
- Someone who is audience-focused and passionate about the visual arts
- Confidence in working with a wide range of different groups and visitors, working with people of all ages and background and delivering public programmes
- Retail management experience
- Experience with social media and content creation
- Ability to design and implement strategic plans, as well as to work operationally
- A creative mind, with a great eye for detail
- A relevant tertiary qualification such as Museums Studies, Arts or Communications
- Confident pronunciation of te reo Māori
- Excellent computer, administrative and time management and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate with others and promote cross teamwork
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in the museums and galleries sector and be part of a vibrant organisation focused on telling the stories of New Zealanders through the art of portraiture.
The full position description is available here.
To apply for this role email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.