The New Zealand Portrait Gallery Te Pūkenga Whakaata
The New Zealand Portrait Gallery Te Pūkenga Whakaata is looking for a part time Audience Engagement Coordinator (30hrs per week with additional hours by mutual agreement).
This role is key in developing the gallery’s profile as a leading arts institution. This is a diverse and busy role covering public programmes, education, communications, retail, and day to day administration including management. This role requires some occasional weekend and evening work, flexibility is advantageous.
Experience and skills sought include:
• Experience in audience engagement, partnership building, arts marketing or arts management, or developing education and public programmes
• Someone who is audience-focused and passionate about the visual arts
• Confidence in working with a wide range of different groups and visitors, working with people of all ages and backgrounds and delivering public programmes
• Confidence in developing and facilitating education activities and programmes for a variety of school groups
• Retail management experience
• Experience with social media and content creation
• A creative mind, with a great eye for detail
• A relevant tertiary qualification such as Museums Studies, Arts or Communications
• Confident pronunciation of te reo Māori
• Excellent computer, administrative and time management and organisational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to collaborate with others and promote cross teamwork
• Ability to use a variety of software packages
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in the museums and galleries sector and be part of a vibrant organisation focused on telling the stories of New Zealanders through the art of portraiture.
Full position description available here
Applications close Sunday 24 October 2021
To apply for this role email cover letter and cv to – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please email - email@example.com
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.