MTG Hawke's Bay
Permanent position working 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
MTG Hawke's Bay is an exciting and dynamic organisation focused on telling relevant stories through exhibitions, public talks and other programmes to our local Hawke's Bay community and visitors to the region.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated and skilled Collection Assistant to join MTG Hawke's Bay to join the team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for caring for, cataloguing and providing access to the Hawke's Bay Museum Trust's archive collection.
Although this role has a specialised archive component the successful applicant will work across the entire range of collections assisting with care and access.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Proven experience (at least 3 years) in archive related roles, managing and caring for archives
- Strong customer focus and experience in helping researchers find and access relevant material
- A tertiary education that is relevant to this role
- Competence in the use of the Vernon database and strong general computer literacy
- A highly professional manner with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An awareness of bi-cultural issues as they apply to the museum and gallery sector
- The ability to work under pressure coupled with strong multi-tasking skills
- Good physical ability to lift, climb step ladders, reach above shoulder and below knee height
- A strong positive attitude with a focus on solutions
- Desire to help build a fun and highly productive work environment
- An understanding of Matauranga Maori and Te Reo is not essential but would be beneficial
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing, police checks, and for some roles, health screening.
To apply for this job go to: http://careers.napier.govt.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5290388.