Napier City Council
Collection Management Officer
Permanent, 40 hrs per week Mon-Fri
MTG Hawke's Bay has a rare opportunity for a passionate and highly motivated Collection Management Officer to join our passionate Collections team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the physical care and management of the museum's extensive collection. This position requires strong organizational and communication skills, as well as a keen eye for detail. This is an exciting time to join the team as we prepare to relocate our collection to a state-of-the-art, purpose-built facility.
- Developing and implementing collection storage improvements
- Developing and implementing preventive conservation and collection management projects
- Contributing to collection and information management strategies and projects
- Providing collection access for exhibitions and public programmes
- Responding to enquiries from researchers, students, and the public regarding the collection
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Museum Studies and a minimum of three years relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of current museum standards and best practices for collections care.
- Proficiency in database management and collections management software.
- Experience working and interacting positively with diverse cross-sections of the community
- Good physical ability to lift, climb step ladders, reach above shoulder and below knee height
- An understanding of Mātauranga Māori and Te Reo would be beneficial
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Full details including the job description can be found at https://www.napier.govt.nz/our-council/careers/job-vacancies/. We will be interviewing applications as we receive them and may close the role when we have found the right person.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service. Some of the benefits we offer include retail discounts, subsidised medical insurance, and 5 week's annual leave after 2 years' service.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.
To apply for this job go to: https://careers.napier.govt.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 6336803.