Museums Wellington seeks an enthusiastic and motivated individual with meticulous attention to detail. In this role, you will assist with collections cataloguing and assessment projects, requiring the accurate recording, processing and organised storage of collection items.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of Vernon CMS and experience working with heritage collections.
Collections Assistant key responsibilities:
• To be part of the Museums Wellington collection management team and to contribute to the overall success of Museums Wellington and the Wellington Museums Trust.
• To contribute to the safe care and professional management of all collection items in the care of Museums Wellington.
• Working directly with the Trust Collection and the database system Vernon CMS.
Skills, experience and qualities required for this role:
• Experience of working with heritage collections.
• Understanding of collection management practice in a museum or gallery context.
• Object handling experience.
• Knowledge and experience of working databases.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Well organised and flexible.
For further information and to apply, please visit the Experience Wellington job page.
Applications close 5pm on Monday, 26 April 2021