Auckland War Memorial Museum
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas
Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management of its world-class collections, developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events, educational programmes and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum's stories. We are Auckland's home of commemoration as well as the country’s oldest research institution and a major tourist destination.
We are looking for a Digital Platforms & Development Manager to lead our small high performing development team responsible for the delivery of new and exciting, multi-year programme of work to refresh and renew our multiple online presences as well developing and supporting our internal digital products portfolio. This will include the management of people, schedules, risks, relationships, and expectations across a diverse range of internal stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an engaged technology leader to make a huge difference at an iconic institution to enrich and enhance our online capability and support the delivery of amazing digital experiences.
Desired Skills and Experience
You will bring with you:
Proven development team leadership
- 5+ years’ experience in the delivery of online outcomes
- Experience with tools and platforms such as JIRA, AWS and Azure preferred
- The confident ability to manage and collaborate with a range of stakeholders
- Strong agile and waterfall project management skills
- 5+ years hands-on experience associated with enterprise content management,:
- Information Architecture (IA) development and analysis
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and writing for the web
- Content Planagement Systems (CMS) — content production, publishing, and workflow
- Analytics, such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- A cultural empathy that supports the Museum’s bicultural and inclusive purpose
- The ability to work to established schedules and budgets
- A love for Museums and the absolute willingness to have fun and enjoy your job
Whanaungatanga (sense of belonging) and Kaitiakitanga are at the heart of what we do here at Auckland Museum. It all starts with Manaaki, the care and support we provide for our people. That's why we offer a range of benefits and development opportunities or Wai Ora to nurture the holistic well-being and development of our people. Some of our benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements to enhance your work and home life.
- Availability to purchase additional annual leave
- An award-winning wellbeing programme including free membership with Boost which offers discounts on a range of products and services.
- An active social club which is part of the fabric of Museum life
- Life insurance from your first day
- Income protection insurance after two years of service
- L&D opportunities to grow in your career
You will be joining an organisation who truly values and looks after their people.
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 25 September 2022 however we reserve the right to bring forward the application deadline.
You must be currently eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this permanent position. To read the full position description please click here.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories, reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
He Oranga Tangata ka ao
Enriching lives: Inspiring discoveries