Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
The Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki is the home of art for Auckland, its people and visitors, and a cultural leader in Aotearoa New Zealand. The Gallery's purpose is to be a creative catalyst for art and ideas, offering transformational experiences that strengthen and enrich our communities. Audiences are at the heart of Gallery activities, which extend from our redeveloped and expanded site in the arts and learning precinct of inner-city Auckland.
The key purpose of the Donor Relations Lead role is to help design and implement a systematic and integrated donor relations program at the Gallery. This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated person with fundraising and events experience, a strong interest in database management, and a proven record in working with high-level stakeholders.
For more information about Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki, visit the Gallery's website: https://www.aucklandartgallery.com/
He kōrero mōu: About you
To be successful in this role you will have strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in managing a wide range of stakeholders, partners, and supporters. You will have experience working in a senior administration role with experience in data management and customer relationship management systems. You will use your creative and innovative skills to build relationships and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver the strategic direction whilst enhancing the gallery profile and reputation.
Key areas of responsibility will include
- Leading the implementation and management of a new CRM for the Advancement department
- Assisting in creating, executing, and overseeing a comprehensive donor program including prospect identification, donor cultivation, and stewardship, as well as acknowledgment and recognition plans
- Providing strategic support to stakeholders to ensure effective communication, event management, and administration needs are met
- Leading research and benchmarking initiatives to direct donor development and fundraising strategies
- Manage the Advancement team’s digital infrastructure and projects relating to maintenance and improvement of these
This role requires a flexible approach enabling you to work across the Gallery with stakeholders, partners, and supporters in different divisions and functions. The Donor Relations Lead will need to manage a workload with competing priorities and be prepared to work occasional evenings for special events.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to contribute powerfully to the cultural and creative future of Auckland and New Zealand. An interest in the arts is highly desirable.
For more information and to apply, visit the job page on the Auckland Council Careers website here
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 19th of September 2021