Hutt City Museums
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Graphic Designer to join our innovative and dynamic team on a permanent full-time basis.
In this role, you will be working alongside some of Aotearoa's most exciting artists as well as curators, writers and other creatives to create compelling and meaningful graphic solutions for our exhibitions and experiences across The Dowse Art Museum, Petone Settlers Museum and a variety of programmes. As the only designer your work will be incredibly diverse with no day being the same!
At Hutt City Council, our vision is to ensure our city and all of its people thrive. Our ability to make a meaningful difference will come from us having diverse and talented people in our organisation. Working for Hutt City Council, you'll be rewarded with opportunities to make a difference, along with your commitment to co-create positive outcomes for the community.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Working with the wider Museums teams to deliver exhibition, advertising and visitor experience projects
- Creating brand identities and design strategies
- Development of publication projects, collateral and merchandise
- A focus on improvements for our visitors' and supporters' experience of our museums.
We are really interested in hearing from you if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced design environment
- A highly developed personal design aesthetic
- Ability to work across print and digital formats and advanced skills across the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong teamwork, collaboration and communication skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be creative within budget and time constraints
- If this sounds like the perfect role for you we look forward to welcoming your application.
Applications close Tuesday 11 May, 11.55pm