Torpedo Bay Navy Museum
What you will do
As a member of the front of house team, you’ll meet, greet and interact with visitors, ensuring they have a positive and safe museum experience. You’ll deliver guided tours, bringing the museum’s collections and artefacts to life. You’ll also process sales in the museum store, replenishing and refreshing stock on display, whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
What we need
If you have excellent communication skills, love interacting with customers and have an interest in history and/or experience in the tourism or museum sector, then we would like to hear from you.
You will join a friendly and diverse team who are passionate about the work they do. This is a permanent part time role working 20 hours over Sunday, Monday and Tuesday each week.
Who we are
The Navy Museum is the kaitiaki (guardian) of the Royal New Zealand Navy’s memory. Our role is to preserve the Navy’s physical, social and cultural heritage, tell its story and educate New Zealanders both young and old, about the role the Navy has played in the development of New Zealand. This is a crucial responsibility and one we take great pride in.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
• Great benefits for you and your family;
• Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
• Access to holiday accommodation across NZ;
• Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers;
• 5 weeks annual leave per year;
• Free onsite parking and great nearby amenities.
To view the Position Description and to Apply, use the links on this page. Please note: Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
Link for applications: https://defencecareers.secure.force.com/pcms/VacancyDetailExt?id=a0R3x00000WSu0pEAD&cat=Customer+Service&sDir=ASC&sFld=Name
If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Sunday 19 September 2021.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
• most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
• is a citizen of,and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA);and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.