Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
Brand new role, brand new ambition!
The Head of Touring Exhibitions leads the strategy and delivery of Te Papa's touring exhibitions programme, both domestically and internationally, to share Aotearoa New Zealand's history, creativity, and storytelling beyond the walls of Te Papa.
The position leads the Touring Exhibitions team and draws on the technical and creative expertise that exists within wider Te Papa, to identify and source exhibitions, conduct feasibility to test the viability of inbound and outbound touring exhibition product, produce business cases, lead contract negotiations and sales, manage international and domestic relationships, and deliver exhibitions within Aotearoa New Zealand and across the globe.
We are looking for a hands-on, self-starter who is an inspiring leader, enjoys working collaboratively with others, is adaptable and enthusiastic, thinks outside of the box and enjoys variety to their work.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive experience (ideally 10+ years) in developing and touring exhibitions in the museum or arts sectors, including project management and planning, budgeting, resourcing, and logistics
- Successful track record in leading and managing an operational team,
- Proven experience developing touring exhibition strategies, scouting for and executing commercial negotiations with international institutions to secure international exhibitions, developing feasibility studies and business cases, and marketing and selling commercial exhibition product
- A well-established network of international and domestic industry contacts and ability to build relationships in different environments and cultures
- Awareness of the historical significance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and how Te Tiriti contributes to the day to day working and practices of an organisation, and ability to exercise tikanga Maori
- Tertiary level degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
If this role sounds like just what you're looking for, complete the application form online and attach your CV and cover letter today!
The starting salary for this position will be between $130,000 to $150,000pa, with further room for progression through the band. Offers will be made within the range to reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and internal relativities with other employees.
Applications close on Monday, 6 February 2023.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.