Te Papa Tongarewa Museum of New Zealand
Imaging Specialist - Permanent, part-time (0.5 FTE)
Are you multi-talented, curious, keen to develop your skills further, and want to work with amazing content within a vibrant team?
The Imaging Specialist role is a diverse one with multiple output requirements. The primary one is to support Te Papa Press in the crafting of books of excellent quality by providing high end pre-press digital retouching services.
Alongside this, you will also be responsible for the digitisation of our photography collection via rapid scanning technologies. We are also looking for someone who is technically inclined and interested in exploring new workflows and expanding some of our existing ones further.
Essential qualifications include the following:
• Experienced in the pre-press digital workflow and knowledge of third party printing processes
• Highly competent in digital retouching
• Experience in 2D digitisation especially within the museum, gallery, archives or similar sector
• Curious and technically inclined
• Someone who thrives on being part of a close knit team
• A lifelong learner who willingly shares knowledge
Desirable qualifications include the following:
• Knowledge of Cultural Heritage imaging guidelines
• Knowledge of accurate colour management and camera profiling methodologies
• Experience in 3D scanning and photogrammetry techniques
The starting salary for this position will be between $59,770 to $70,976 pro rata. Offers will be made within the range in accordance with the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and relativities with others in a comparable role in the band.
Applications close 31th May 2022.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Appointment to a position at Te Papa will require the production of evidence, prior to the commencement of work, of a 'MY Vaccine Pass' issued by the Ministry of Health.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.