Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
Te Papa retail stores are a successful, integral part of Te Papa Tongarewa - Museum of New Zealand and we have a unique opportunity for a motivated, experienced and customer focused people leader to shine as our Store Manager.
An internationally recognized and celebrated brand, this role is not your average retail management position. We provide a unique and inspirational New Zealand focused collection to visitors across our two museum stores, vibrant Wellington Airport location and exciting pop up exhibition stores plus we have plans for further growth.
Reporting to the GM of Te Papa Stores and supported by a strong team, you will have responsibility for the daily running of all store locations, people management and delivery of sales targets. You will thrive in being actively present on the floor and leading sales activities from the front whilst ensuring we deliver an outstanding level of customer service and visitor experience.
What's in it for me?
Joining a busy, supportive team at an iconic Wellington venue, you will also:
- gain access to excellent staff benefits across the museum
- have opportunities for further training and development to grow your business acumen and management skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Proven people management, culture and capability building skills
- Significant retail management experience (previous management of multiple sites a bonus)
- Experience establishing and management of rosters and the need to meet deadlines
- A passion for delivering outstanding customer experiences and ideas on initiatives that drive high service levels
- An understanding of business plans, budgets, rostering and sales targets
- An understanding of Te Papa's bicultural philosophy an d desire to incorporate Reo Māori in customer service
- Resilience and the ability to remain calm under pressure
If this role sounds like just what you're looking for, apply on line by completing the application form and attaching your CV and cover letter today!
The starting salary for this position will be between $67,000 to $79,000pa with further room for progression through the band. Offers will be made within the range to reflect the skills and experience offered by the candidate and those required of the role, and internal relativities with other employees.
Applications close on Friday, 23 September 2022.
Applicants must have the ability to obtain and maintain the legal right to work in New Zealand.
From 1 July 2022 appointment to a position at Te Papa will require a declaration of Vaccination Status (confirmation that you are currently 'up to date' with vaccination against Covid-19 or, you are not currently vaccinated or 'up to date' with vaccination against Covid-19). Future appointees will also need to agree to comply with any future Government or Te Papa mandates or requirements relating to vaccination against Covid-19.
Prior to Te Papa confirming any offer of employment, pre-employment checks will be undertaken including criminal conviction history and reference checking as a minimum.