Nelson Provincial Museum
Nelson Provincial Museum is seeking a positive, energetic, resourceful and flexible marketing all-rounder with excellent writing and social media skills.
The Marketing, Communications and Events Developer ensures effective communications and engagement with the Nelson Tasman community. The position is responsible for lifting the profile of the Museum in the community; publicising exhibitions, programmes and activities; managing the Museum’s social media channels; devising an engaging events programme, and assisting the Chief Executive with public relations as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong experience in marketing and communications, preferably in the creative/arts/not-for-profit sector
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Events management experience
- Demonstrated ability to bring a creative, engaging approach to marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Experience working with iwi Māori
- Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to write across a range of media
- Good planning skills and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A conscientious, self-motivated, resourceful and flexible attitude with the ability to work independently
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to relate to people at all levels and an ability to develop strong networks and relationships.
Experience using Squarespace, Survey Monkey, Mailchimp and MS Office would be beneficial
Candidates with capability in Te Reo Māori me ōna tikanga are particularly invited to apply.
30 hours per week, 0.75 FTE