City Gallery Wellington Te Whare Toi
- Bring an experience to life!
- Work within and for your community
- Curiosity, creativity, and passion essential
In proud partnership with Experience Wellington, we are excited to launch our search for an experienced marketing professional who will lead the marketing for the City Gallery.
Experience Wellington run six extraordinary experiences for Wellington City Council: City Gallery Wellington, Capital E, Nairn Street Cottage, Space Place, Cable Car Museum and Wellington Museum. Their passionate, hardworking team are driven by their purpose “Working together with and for Wellington to create remarkable experiences that generate vitality, strengthening the city we love”.
The purpose of this role will be to provide the connection between the Experience Wellington marketing team and the City Gallery to deliver high quality, strategic marketing initiatives.
Key deliverables in this role will include:
- Helping to develop the overall strategic marketing plan for the gallery
- Developing and delivering engaging marketing campaigns that will support exhibitions and events, including what is set to be a fascinating exhibition scheduled for late in 2021
- Being the brand champion, identifying opportunities and risks to enhance the brand
- Implement cost effective publicity and digital media promotion for exhibitions and programmes as well as liaising with media to generate coverage
- Overseeing the production of creative assets
- Implementing, monitoring and managing analysis of marketing campaigns
- Performance reporting and making recommendations for improvement
- Advocating internally and externally for the City Gallery
The right person for this role will be an experienced marketing professional who offers:
- At least 5 years’ experience
- A proven ability to develop and implement successful strategic marketing plans (across both traditional and digital channels)
- Evidence of developing effective, creative, and fun campaigns with proven ROI
- Prior experience as a brand advocate
- A nose for news and the ability to leverage publicity and media opportunities
- Marketing analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong relationship management skills with an ability to connect and engage with a wide range of people
- An appreciation for diverse communities, with an ability to work with and for different groups
- Previous experience marketing for events, experiences would be an advantage
Working as a part of the wider marketing and communications team for Experience Wellington, essential personal attributes will be energy, passion, creativity and the resilience to work within a busy, changeable environment.
As the Marketing Lead for the City Gallery this is the perfect opportunity to use your talents and energy to make a difference in your community every day you go to work.
Interested people please do not delay, due to internal business priorities we will be reviewing and presenting applications daily. See the job listing for more details including how to apply.
Applications will close as soon as a suitable applicant is sourced, or at 5pm on Thursday, 8 April 2021.