Torpedo Bay Navy Museum
What you will do
As a member of the front of house team, you'll meet, greet and interact with visitors, ensuring they have a positive and safe museum experience. You'll deliver guided tours bringing the museum's collections and artefacts to life, process sales and replenish and refresh stock on display in the Museum Store.
What we need
If you have excellent communication skills, love interacting with customers and have an interest in history and/or experience in the tourism or museum sector, then we would like to hear from you.
You will be joining a friendly and diverse team who are passionate about the work they do. Based at the National Museum of the Royal New Zealand Navy in Devonport (Torpedo Bay Navy Museum), you will be working Saturday to Wednesday inclusive on a permanent full time basis.
Who we are
The Navy Museum is the kaitiaki (guardian) of the Royal New Zealand Navy's memory. Our role is to preserve the Navy's physical, social and cultural heritage, tell its story and educate New Zealanders both young and old, about the role the Navy has played in the development of New Zealand. This is a crucial responsibility and one we take great pride in.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Full time ongoing work;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply Online please visit our Defence Careers website, or use the links on this page. For further information, contact Marcia McEwan on(09) 446 1829.
Please note: If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR
- is a citizen of,and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.