Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga
Tairangahia a tua whakarere; Tatakihia nga reanga o amuri ake nei - Honouring the Past; Inspiring the Future
Fixed Term 6 months
Kerikeri - Northland
This fixed term registrar position will be working with the Collection Advisor to develop and implement the project to successfully relocate stored collections in Northland to a new storage space. Based in Kerikeri the role includes auditing the collection, preparing the new space, overseeing packing and transportation and ensuring professional museum standards are met throughout the project.
The position would suit someone with a strong background in collection management including documentation, packing, handling and environmental requirements, as well as the ability to work effectively and independently to deadline.
- Contribute to planning and organising new storage fit out
- Oversee collection pest treatment programme
- Oversee and undertake collection packing and transport
- Complete collection location and condition auditing
- Cataloguing and digitisation of previously unrecorded NZHPT heritage objects
Competencies and Attributes:
- 3+ years’ experience in collection care and documentation
- Experience in handling, packing and transportation and storage of wide range of museum objects, to professional museum standards.
- Collection location and condition auditing experience
- Knowledge and experience of Vernon CMS or similar collection management database
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Full driver’s license
- A tertiary qualification in Museum Studies is desirable
- Must be able to work independently
- Accuracy and attention to detail important
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
How to apply
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 2 February 2023.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org