We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic manager that can lead and motivate a team of dynamic and passionate individuals to deliver exceptional visitor experiences.
This position will be responsible for the overall management and day to day operations of our Tūhura Science Centre, including its Tropical Forest butterfly enclosure. The position may be extended to include the management of the associated science experiences in the Beautiful Science Gallery and Perpetual Guardian Planetarium.
This role will have a key focus on:
• Leading a high performing team of science communicators to deliver excellent customer service and community engagement experiences,
• Ensuring the seamless functioning of all science engagement activities and areas, including developing new, innovative experiences;
• Ensuring key business areas are effectively promoted and financially sustainable.
The ideal applicant will have:
• A background in or passion for science
• Previous experience leading people in a customer focused workplace
• The ability and desire to deliver our visitors and community with exceptional customer service and positive memories.
• The ability to engage and communicate at a high level
• Demonstrable experience as a people leader that will muck in when needed while creating a positive and respectful working environment
• Experience working in a similar visitor facing setting driving tourism products and sales to a diverse range of markets.
• Ability to effectively manage and set budgets
This role is full-time permanent, 40 hours per week. Hours to be worked Monday to Friday but at times will require hours to be worked during weekends and evenings.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
For more details on the role and to apply visit www.otagomuseum.nz/jobs
Applications close 5:00 pm, Friday 26 November 2021