Webb’s is New Zealand’s premier multi-department auction house. Our team of specialists offer industry leading service and expertise in Fine Art, Chinese and Asian Art, Collectors’ Cars, Motorcycles and Automobilia, International Decorative Arts, Jewels, Watches & Luxury Accessories, Fine & Rare Wines and Whiskies. We are committed to promoting outstanding collectibles and achieving excellent results at auction.
Established in 1976, Webb’s has a long and rich history. Founder Peter Webb was a pioneering entrepreneur, establishing and defining markets in art, antiques and collectables. This powerful legacy motivates us to be the best, most innovative, and most trusted auction house in Aotearoa today.
Our team are dedicated, passionate, and fully committed to achieving outstanding results across the business. Raising the bar at every step is our modus operandi.
This approach continues to bring success and growth. An opportunity has arisen for an exceptional candidate to join our team in the newly created role of Private Sales and Collections Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Art, we are seeking an experienced Art professional with a working knowledge of NZ Art. The successful candidate will be a pragmatic, self-motivated individual with sound organisational skills who will take initiative in this dynamic, fast paced environment.
Expectations of the successful candidate will include assisting the wider team with preparation of proposals for potential vendors, cataloguing collections, assisting the marketing team to promote each auction and liaising with clients.
A professional attitude with the ability to meet deadlines and to prioritise work is a key focus. In addition, proven ability to produce exceptional written material with an attention to detail is essential.
Applicants must have a comprehensive understanding of New Zealand Art, galleries and institutions.
About the role:
- Build relationships with clients, collectors, galleries and institutions
- Manage campaigns to generate valuations, private sales and collection management work
- Assist the wider art team in developing the marketing/advertising strategy
- Produce written content for use in art catalogues and other marketing materials
- Attend art industry events
- Obtain a working knowledge of conservation and framing to improve the service of collections management
- Carry out high level art valuations for clients and institutions
- Assist clients with all areas of collection management
- A minimum of 3+ years demonstrated art experience
- Fine Art and/or Art History related degree
- Expert demonstrated knowledge of NZ Art history
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Highly organised and able to work under pressure
- The ability to write critically on artworks/collectable pieces
- Exceptional personal presentation
Due to the nature of our business, this role may require some weekend work therefore flexibility is required.
You must have Legal right to work and live in NZ
If you’re reading this advert and you are ticking all the boxes, this may be the opportunity to step into a very exciting bright career in a company that is going places!
Please submit your application including a cover letter and resume to: