MOTAT is an interactive museum with a focus on creating a fun, visually stimulating environment for its visitors. It is home to a unique mix of collections and experiences and our vision is to educate and inspire the innovators of tomorrow. Integral to the success of this vision are our Exhibitions team turning ideas into a reality through the creation and installation of our exhibitions.
As Production Manager, you will manage this team of Exhibition Technicians, and be responsible for coordinating and executing builds and installations of exhibitions across MOTAT. You will have an eye for detail and a proven track record of delivering outcomes, drawing on your ability to collaborate well with others as you work with the wider Exhibitions team to turn vision into reality.
Key requirements of this role include:
- Managing the Exhibition Technicians, including day to-day task allocation and supervision, performance management and skill development.
- Thinking creatively and devising practical solutions to achieve the creative vision of the wider Exhibitions team.
- Devising installation and demount plans, lighting plans and procurement schedules
- Source, assess and manage specialist contractors to deliver on parts of the exhibitions production process.
- Advise on and manage the audio visual, multimedia and lighting elements within exhibition spaces.
- Liaise with appropriate people to ensure resources and spaces are available. This includes ensuring installation supplies and equipment are scoped, budgeted and arranged.
- Manage the process for maintaining exhibitions and associated budgets through monitoring, responding to faults and identifying exhibition maintenance needs.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years’ exhibitions production and installation experience.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of a wide range of activities related to fabrication, installation and maintenance of museum exhibitions, as well as technical aspects of lighting.
- Experience working with Audio Visual, Multimedia and ICT installations.
- Excellent understanding of collection care, particularly as it relates to exhibition showcases, object mounts, display environments, movement and handling.
- Strong administrative, time management and project management skills, with high degree of computer literacy. Must be competent in MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated people management or team leadership experience.
This is a full-time, Monday to Friday role (and occasionally an evening or weekend) and you must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply.
Along with joining a team of passionate people, you will also get the benefit of flexible working hours and a day off on your birthday, opportunities for professional development, increased Kiwisaver contributions, as well as a MOTAT annual pass for you and your family. Apply today and join this great team!
Applications close on 23 September 2022