Auckland War Memorial Museum Tāmaki Paenga Hira
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas
Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management of its world-class collections and the employees and volunteers who tell the Museum's stories. We are Auckland's home of commemoration as well as the country's oldest research institution and a major tourist destination.
The Project Manager is responsible for the day to day project management and monitoring of the MBIE Endeavour funded Research Programme Te Mana o Rangitāhua. This iwi-led research project is a collaboration between Ngāti Kuri and Tāmaki Paenga Hira and all applicants must demonstrate competency in working in a bicultural setting, and must have experience working with iwi. You will coordinate and manage the workflow and project components within Te Mana o Rangitāhua, supporting the overall programme of research in the Research Programme.
To be successful in this role, you will offer:
- Extensive experience in project management, at least 5 years in a senior management role.
- Experience with undertaking or assisting with a research programme.
- A collaborative approach and excellent interpersonal skills will be essential in dealing with diverse groups including iwi and whanau, museum project teams, and across all tiers of the museum.
- Experience with understanding Māori & Moana Pacific values in a research context.
- An interest in Kaupapa Māori approaches to research.
- Ability to make timely decisions using sound judgement.
- Evidence of ability to work collaboratively and in cross-functional teams.
Closing Date: 5:00pm Sunday 21 February 2021
For more information and a full job description please visit the Auckland War Memorial Museum website