Air Force Museum
What you will do
This is a rare opportunity to combine your experience and understanding of museums with your interest in New Zealand’s military aviation history and a passion for telling the stories of our people both past and present.
The Registrar is an integral part of the Air Force Museum team and is responsible for:
- Oversight of our collections management system, data integrity and ensuring consistent standards;
- Management of inward and outward loans;
- Providing the first point of contact regarding all donation processing and advice, including any legal aspects;
- Providing specialist advice to others in your area of expertise.
What we need
Along with considerable experience in either a Museum Registrar or Associate Registrar position you will ideally hold a relevant tertiary qualification and have a strong understanding of a museum collections management system, ideally Vernon.
Strong attention to detail, adherence to standards, passion for the work and drive to deliver high quality outcomes, along with a positive attitude and a forward thinking, flexible approach will be highly valuable.
You’re highly effective at building positive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders through pro-active and open communication and the ability to build rapport easily with others.
Who we are
The Air Force Museum of New Zealand plays a central role in telling the stories of New Zealand’s unique military aviation heritage and we take great pride in being able to:
- Protect, preserve and care for our collection;
- Connect visitors with our stories;
- Ensure that sacrifice is never forgotten;
- Help us understand our history, culture and place in the world today.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise and dedication, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture;
- Opportunities for career development.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply Online please visit our Defence Careers website. For further information contact Darren Hammond, Collections Manager, on (03) 343 9560 or 021 952 101.
Please note: If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Low level Security Clearance
Most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last five years, OR is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last five years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process.