Locales is a place-based experience design agency based in Wellington. We create multimedia storytelling trails and visitor experiences in New Zealand and Australia. Our work usually involves interpreting the history and culture of specific locations but also science, ecology and technology stories.
Our projects involve extensive research and collaboration with local communities, councils and government agencies to create authentic, accessible and engaging content. You will be a part of a world-class design and content creation team.
As the researcher/writer you will help us determine the content plan for the range of different media we create for clients, e.g. websites, mobile, signage, brochures, etc.
The role involves working with primary and secondary research to build detailed communications charts, writer/editor briefs and writing copy for the above media.
- Analyse and summarise transcripts of oral history interviews
- Review, analyse and summarise a wide range of secondary sources
- Develop detailed communications charts that outline the media strategy for projects (in collaboration with the design team)
- Create research and writer briefs
- Write/proof-read copy
- Create edit notes for short video and audio productions
- Liaise with translators
- Collaborate with the design team and Creative Director
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write in a variety of tones for a range of audiences/projects
- Ability to summarise material effectively
- Familiar with Te Reo Māori
- Ability to maintain high quality and accuracy
- Goal oriented and customer oriented
- Ability to perform under pressure to achieve deadlines
Experience and Qualifications
You will be either intermediate or senior, i.e. 3-5 years in a similar role or industry.
Ideally, you have worked in the heritage interpretation, cultural communication or science communication fields.
You will have a postgraduate qualification in a Social Sciences or Humanities discipline.
Salary and Hours
This is a 0.5 role and salary is expected to be between $30,000-$40,000 per year depending on experience and qualifications.
This role has a base of 20 hours a week for a one year term.
Ideally in-house, but flexible for the right candidate, and must be based within NZ. If this sounds like the job for you, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your experience and interest in the role!
If you have any questions about the role please email email@example.com