Auckland War Memorial Museum Tāmaki Paenga Hira
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas
Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management of its world-class collections, developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events, educational programmes and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum's stories. We are Auckland's home of commemoration as well as the country’s oldest research institution and a major tourist destination.
The Team Administrator, Natural Sciences will support the Head of Natural Sciences and Co-Director of Te Mana o Rangitāhua, and the Senior Collection Manager, Natural Sciences to fulfil their responsibilities to the Natural Sciences team and the Te Mana o Rangitāhua programme. This is a lengthy fixed term role, requiring 40 hours of work a week.
Desired Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will offer;
- At least two years of experience in a Personal Assistant or similar high-level administrative support function in a ‘front-line’ customer service context, with a proven ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong effective written and verbal communication skills with a high level of professional discretion
- Experience working within iwi and Māori research contexts is highly desirable
- Calmness under pressure and the ability to deliver when working within tight time frames
- The ability to make sense of information from a range of sources and to know when and how to elevate issues (and possible solutions) as needed
- Ability to liaise professionally at a leadership level and with a variety of stakeholders
- Prior experience working in a scientific research environment is also desirable
- Hold a passion for dynamic museums, the environment and for working in a cross functional team environment
Closing Date: Sunday, 22 May 2022
You must be currently eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this fixed term position. Please view the full position description here - if you are viewing from within Seek, select the 'apply now' button to view the position description.
Auckland Museum offers a rich and fulfilling work life where we embrace diversity and nurture our bicultural capability as demonstrated in our Teu le Vā and He Kōrahi Māori strategies. We also offer a range of great benefits including an award-winning wellbeing programme.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories, reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
He Oranga Tangata ka ao
Enriching lives: Inspiring discoveries