MTG Hawke's Bay
We are looking for a Visitor Engagement Coordinator to join the team at MTG Hawke's Bay - the regional and premier arts and culture facility for Hawke's Bay.
The museum is an exciting and dynamic organisation focused on telling relevant stories through exhibitions, public talks and other programmes to our local Hawke's Bay community and visitors to the region.
Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and outstanding customer and community service.
The Visitor Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Developing, coordinating and delivering visitor focused activities; customer service, education, retail, public programmes and commercial events
- Actively contributing to the leadership team, the achievement of MTG strategic objectives and a positive high-performing and visitor-focused organisational culture
- Managing and leading a team of permanent and casual staff
- Ensuring excellent visitor experiences and continuous improvement
- Liaising with key community and sector stakeholders in the development of events and public programmes
- Contributing to the development of the overall exhibition schedule and public programmes, ensuring consideration of local community desires, along with key local and national milestones
- Developing and coordinating the delivery of museum marketing activity
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A minimum of three years of team leadership experience
- Experience in the development and delivery of programmes and events in the arts and culture sector
- Budget management experience
- Experience working with diverse cross-sections of the community
- Proven staff management and leadership experience
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and reasoning skills
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Good understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi
- A positive attitude, be a team player, solution-focused, with a strong customer service ethic, and good people skills
- Ability to remain calm and deliver results under pressure
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
If this is you, please apply below!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
To apply for this job go to: http://careers.napier.govt.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5287721.