Stardome Observatory and Planetarium
Stardome is a longstanding cultural icon in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland, and a much-loved destination for tens of thousands of visitors who come to learn, explore and enjoy the wonders of space.
Since 1967, Stardome has operated from its idyllic location on the edge of Maungekiekie One Tree hill at its site equipped both with heritage telescopes and state-of-the-art digital planetarium.
We are seeking a new team member who will provide outstanding customer service and manaakitanga to our visitors at an exciting time in Stardome’s history.
Stardome Visitor Hosts are essential in delivering an outstanding visitor experience and are responsible for all aspects of Front of House service.
As the first face to greet customers on arrival at reception, key responsibilities include welcoming visitors, offering information and advice on our public programmes and products, fielding telephone and email enquiries, making bookings for visitors and maximising sales to help drive and support our revenue.
Reporting to the Visitor Experience Manager, Visitor Hosts are expected to be highly professional, courteous and welcoming in their interactions with members of the public, demonstrate a good working knowledge of our programmes and operations, and display initiative in a range of other Front of House tasks as they arise.
An interest in space/science and astronomy is desired but not essential.
Reporting to Visitor Experience Manager
Casual, subject to availability + rostering
• Ability to interact with the public and fellow staff in a positive manner
• Good communication skills
• Experience in cash handling and POS systems is desirable
• Willingness to learn
• Capable of self-managing
• Computer and technology literate
• Trustworthy and reliable
• Liaising with customers in all areas – enquiries, bookings, sales etc
• Client interaction is vital and Visitor Hosts will need to provide a highly personalised and professional approach
• Taking bookings from customers, in person and over the phone
• Stocking, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
• Processing payments
• Offering advice to customers on Stardome products and experiences
• Dealing with customer complaints when appropriate
• Answering phones in a timely and professional manner
• Assisting with crowd management as required
Applicants for this position should be eligible to work in New Zealand and have a current New Zealand citizenship, residency or valid work visa.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 17th September
For more details and to apply, please email: email@example.com