Auckland War Memorial Museum
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas
Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management of its world-class collections, developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events, educational programmes and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum's stories. We are Auckland's home of commemoration as well as the country’s oldest research institution and a major tourist destination.
We are looking someone with three years of event coordination or management experience with proven results in driving sales under their belt to join our driven supportive Tourism & Commercial Events team. The Wedding & Venue Coordinator role is crucial to support us to continue to successfully achieve the Museum’s commercial events revenue and profitability targets.
You will co-ordinate external and internal client events into and out of the Museum spaces, and during each event, from a wedding, social and corporate event perspective. The position is also responsible for managing all wedding enquiries end-to end, from enquiry to conversion, and delivery.
The key responsibilities:
Delivery of External Commercial Events & Weddings:
- Conduct site inspections with prospective clients and existing commercial clients
- Provide recommendations to clients to achieve the best experience possible within the parameters.
- Manage client & supplier liaison and supplier in the lead up to each event
- Look after the event logistics on the day of the event
Sale of Wedding events:
- Sales response to prospective wedding hirers, including qualifying leads, providing information and quotations, and advising of venue availability
- Conduct venue site visits for prospective and confirmed clients & suppliers
- Closure of wedding sales, including preparation and issue of contract and sales invoice, and brief to operational team members
- Prepare monthly analysis and reporting of portfolio progress & results
- Actively seek feedback from wedding clients, and conduct regular competitor analysis and market intelligence for market development opportunities and sales strategy
Desired Skills and Experience
You will bring with you:
- Three-year experience in the event management or hospitality industry in a customer facing event-orientated role, preferably in a hotel or venue
- A few years of experience in driving sales with proven success in the event management or hospitality industry
- Proven success in strong sales pipeline management
- Experience in working in the wedding market would be advantageous
- Strong commercial acumen including post-event event analysis and understanding yield management
- Previous experience in supervising teams
- Exceptional customer service
- The ability to quickly assess client’s needs and to adapt style to audience
- Exceptional planning / project management skills and make good decisions quickly.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and lively organisation
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, evenings, and Public Holidays
You will be joining a team whose hard work and laughter is a key element to their success.
Whanaungatanga (sense of belonging) and Kaitiakitanga are at the heart of what we do here at Auckland Museum. It all starts with Manaaki, the care and support we provide for our people. That's why we offer a range of benefits and development opportunities or Wai Ora to nurture the holistic well-being and development of our people.
Some of our benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements to enhance your work and home life.
- Availability to purchase additional annual leave
- An award-winning wellbeing programme including free membership with Boost which offers discounts on a range of products and services.
- An active social club which is part of the fabric of Museum life
- Life insurance from your first day
- Income protection insurance after two years of service
- L&D opportunities to grow in your career
You will be joining an organisation who truly values and looks after their people.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received, so don’t delay! Apply here.
You must be currently eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this permanent position. To read the full position description click here.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories, reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
He Oranga Tangata ka ao
Enriching lives: Inspiring discoveries