Individual membership is open to all persons who subscribe to and act in accordance with the Code of Ethics of Museums Aotearoa, and who are employed or engaged by a Museum, or who support the objects of Museums Aotearoa. This membership is not transferrable.
Individual Membership of Museums Aotearoa will provide you with a number of direct benefits. These include:
- An individual membership card providing access to our Membership Card Benefit Scheme. This provides substantial Benefits including free or discounted entry into a range of museums and galleries throughout New Zealand
- Regular news about New Zealand museums and notices about national and international events through our fortnightly email News & Notices
- Regular information about job, funding, and research opportunities, and partnerships with the national and international museum community
- Access to scholarships and awards, professional development and educational opportunities, including eligibility for Clark Collection Scholarship, Asia/NZ Foundation Museums Award and the Mina McKenzie Scholarship
- Access to Nga Kaitiaki Maori, a special interest group for Maori staff in museums
- Advocacy with the government and lobbying for the promotion of museums in the community
- Eligibility for election to the Museums Aotearoa Board
- Discounted rates to our annual Museums Aotearoa conference, and discounted advertising opportunities in our publications
- Hard copies of MA publications: annual Directory of New Zealand Museums & Galleries, and Museums Aotearoa Quarterly.
Please download the application form below:
Payment/Refund policy: Museums Aotearoa membership is annual, from January-December each year. Please fill in the appropriate application form above, and the Museums Aotearoa office will confirm pricing with you. If you wish to cancel your membership within 30 days of subscribing, please contact the Museums Aotearoa office for a full refund. No refunds after this period will be given.