Kotahitanga – Principles of Māori Governance
Integrate Māori cultural values, the relevance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, relationships and mātauranga Māori in governance.
- Auckland 19 May [Sold out]
- Christchurch 19 July
- Hamilton 8 Sept
- Auckland 21 Sept
- Wellington 6 Oct
- Dunedin 2 Nov
Understanding key Māori cultural concepts is fundamental to understanding how Māori society operates and how Māori are likely to operate in different business scenarios.
In this course, learn how your board can have an increased awareness of Māori cultural values and how these values can be applied and led by your board.
You will learn how to reflect and integrate kaupapa Māori into the governance and leadership of your organisation, and gain an awareness of the business opportunities and relationships within Te Ōhanga Māori/the Māori economy.
8.30am to 3.30pm.
Lunch will be provided at the conclusion for those that would like to network after the session.
- What is governance? What is Māori governance?
- Key features of Māori governance
- Māori cultural values
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi | Treaty of Waitangi
- Māori relational perspectives
- Te Ōhanga Māori | The Māori economy
- Integration of Māori perspectives into your governance culture
- Effective engagement
- Steps to integrate Māori perspectives into your governance culture
Who should attend
All levels and senior executives who want to work with their boards more effectively.
IOD Member rate: $680
Non IOD Member: $760