Following on from our previous zui discussing the MA Code of Ethics and Repatriation addendum, a series of Zoom hui are planned to explore repatriation and ethics further:
DSM Zui: Code of Ethics & Repatriation
Thu 17 Sept, 4-5:30pm
For Directors of Smaller Museums only.
There is no recording available for this zui.
Thu 24 Sept, 12:30-2pm
1. Does your museum hold human remains, burial taonga or modified human remains?
a. If yes, do you have existing policies relating to repatriation and/or human remains?
i. Do these align with the addendum?
ii. In what way will this addendum be applied to your work?
2. What support would you need to be able to implement the addendum into your current museum practice?
3. How do you think the addendum could be incorporated into the structure of the Code of Ethics?
4. Do you have any questions for us?
Ethical care of sensitive collections
Tue 29 Sept, 1-2pm
Questions to be discussed:
1. Other than burial taonga, does your institution hold any material that would be considered sensitive? If so, what is it that makes them sensitive?
2. Does your institution have policies developed to guide your practice in this area?
3. Does the CoE give you enough guidance on caring for these collections? If not, what additional guidance would be useful for your work?
4. Does the CoE provide enough guidance on how to engage with communities in regards to sensitive collections?
Collections: Acquisitions, provenance, conflicts of interest
Weds 30 Sept, 4-5pm
Definition of 'museum'
Wed 7 Oct 12:30-1:30pm
Keep an eye on this page - more details and information will be added in due course.