Administration & Membership Manager (part-time)
Are you committed to the future of museums and galleries and want to contribute to this dedicated and exciting sector? Are you an efficient administrator with great people skills?
Museums Aotearoa is the membership organisations for Aotearoa New Zealand’s museums and art galleries, with around 200 member institutions, reaching over 1500 individuals. We are a small and nimble professional association dedicated to supporting our nation’s museums and art galleries to thrive. Our activities include advocacy on behalf of the sector; the provision of publications, advice and professional development opportunities for members; and coordinating data gathering, research, networking events and an annual conference.
We’re looking for a skilled and enthusiastic person to join our team as Administration and Membership Manager. In this role you will:
- make our Wellington office systems hum efficiently
- be the first point of contact for members, and actively contribute to membership growth
- prepare and produce regular MA member communications
- take part in member events, including assisting with the organisation and running of the sector annual conference
This role will suit an energetic “people-person” interested in pursuing a career in museums and galleries or the wider cultural sector. We are looking for someone who:
- has experience in office administration, ideally in a membership on non-profit environment
- will enjoy working with the diverse membership of Museums Aotearoa, ranging from major national museums to small volunteer-run organisations
- is well-organised and detail focused, able to work independently and apply good judgement
- has experience of working in a bicultural environment (te reo Māori an advantage)
- demonstrates a commitment to their own learning and continuous improvement
In return, we offer an unparalleled opportunity to learn about the museum industry, freedom to experiment and innovate, and professional development opportunities to increase your skills and knowledge.
The role is based in our Tory Street office, Wellington. This is a permanent part-time role of 30 hours a week, with some flexibility around when hours are worked. Some travel is required in this role.
Closing date: 20 February 2020