Collection Assistants (2 positions available)
MTG Hawke's Bay
At the MTG Hawke's Bay, we have an exciting opportunity for two part time positions - Collection Assistant, Photography and Collection Assistant, Copyright.
These are permanent positions working 20 hours per week (Monday to Friday).
MTG Hawke's Bay is an award-winning museum, home of the region's taonga and other treasures. We have an amazing opportunity for highly motivated and skilled Collection Assistants to join our Collections team.
Reporting to the Collections Coordinator, these roles are essential to enable the MTG to be able to provide access to the Hawke's Bay Museums Trust Collection held by MTG Hawke's Bay.
As the Collection Assistant - Photography you will:
- Prepare objects for exhibition as required.
- Ensure all new acquisitions are photographed or scanned to the agreed standard.
- Ensure all images and scans meet the required standards, are processed and filed appropriately with the correct metadata captured.
- Hold a Fine Arts Degree majoring in Photography.
As the Collection Assistant - Copyright you will:
- Seek copyright permission for new acquisitions.
- Identify or find copyright holders of existing collection items as required and seek permission to use the images.
- Ensure appropriate forms are signed and information filed as appropriate.
- Have excellent knowledge of copyright legislation.
- Hold Post Graduate Diploma in Museum Studies or a Bachelor of Arts
To be successful in either of these roles, you will have experience in a relevant role, preferably within a museum environment. You will need to have a strong customer service focus and excellent time management skills with and ability to self-manage, and work unsupervised.
As part of your application please provide a link to your portfolio.
For job description and to apply for this job go to website.