Collection Photographer – Ruatuna
Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga
Tairangahia a tua whakarere; Tatakihia nga reanga o amuri ake nei - Honouring the Past; Inspiring the Future
Fixed Term till 30 June 2020
Matakohe - Northland
We have a vacancy for a Collection Photographer. The purpose of this position is to create digital images of the Ruatuna collection: objects, documents and photographs, through photography and scanning and to prepare the images for transfer to the collection database.
The position would suit someone with a background in museum studies, photography and/or digital applications. You must be up to date with current industry standards and possess the ability to work effectively to a deadline
- Provide photography and digital imaging of an estimated 5,000 objects within the Ruatuna collection, organise and edit for transfer to the collection database and for online access
- Assist with the review and development of digital imaging procedures to ensure adherence to sector standards. Improve practices in imaging, data management, and digitization to meet the current and future needs of the organisation, of staff and the public
- Maintain collection storage and object handling practices to ensure safety of collection
Competencies and Attributes:
- Demonstrated photographic skills, ideally in a museum or similar environment
- Knowledge and experience of digital imaging technology, software and standards as it relates to photo capture, editing, storage, transfer and presentation
- Knowledge of collection management processes and collection management databases preferably Vernon CMS
- Object handling and packing experience
- Must be able to work independently
- Accuracy and attention to detail important
- Works quickly and efficiently to produce quality material and meet project deadlines
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Applications close on the 13th December 2019
How to apply
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Apply now via Seek! If available, please send us a portfolio of your recent work along with your C.V and Cover Letter.