Commercial Events Assistant
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland's identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes. We are Auckland's home of commemoration as well as the country's oldest research institution and a major tourist destination.
This position has responsibility for assisting with the planning, execution and delivery of commercial events for the Museum, and for providing administration and operational support to the Tourism and Commercial Events sales team.
To be successful in this role, you will offer/have:
- One year minimum experience working in the event management or hospitality industry.
- The ability to think laterally and to make sound decisions.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work according to agreed targets.
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to the provision of exceptional customer service
- Exceptional planning skills with ability to gauge wider impact across the organisation
- Effective project management
- Clear written and verbal communication style
Closing date: Sunday 15th December 2019, 5.00pm.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
Auckland Museum offers a rich and fulfilling work life where we embrace diversity and nurture our bicultural capability as demonstrated in our Teu le Vā and He Korahi Māori strategies. We also offer a range of great benefits such as flexible work and leave and an award-winning wellbeing programme.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories, reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
He Oranga Tangata ka ao
Enriching lives: Inspiring discoveries