Digital Systems Manager
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tāmaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pū korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i ngā kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland's identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibitions, events and educational programmes.
The Museum is at an exciting time of continuing its digital journey. We are building on the foundations that have already been established and harnessing the potential of this increasingly digital world to inspire memorable, meaningful, and sharable encounters to create a 21st century Museum experience.
We are searching for an experienced Digital Systems Manager to take ownership of the Museum’s visitor facing digital systems. You’ll be an integral part of the team taking accountability for technical decision making and robust processes across Auckland Museum’s digital experience platforms online, onsite and offsite.
As part of the Digital Experience team in the wider Technology and Digital department, you’ll play an important role in ensuring the successful delivery of the Museum’s transformative strategies. You will experience an environment of innovation, creativity and collaboration, supported by robust processes and a customer-first attitude.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have extensive experience with multimedia/technology delivery systems including a thorough working knowledge of computer systems, networking, digital media formats, standards and their application in a Museum or public environment.
- Have demonstrated ability to plan strategically, formulate business plans and budgets, manage resources and delivery outcomes, including experience in the engagement, management and monitoring of consultants and contractors in a multidisciplinary technical environment.
- Have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, providing leadership, defining goals and contributing to strategic objectives.
- Be a collaborative, flexible and dedicated problem solver with a passion for unlocking the potential that digital presents.
- Be focussed on attention to detail and processes, getting things right and making continuous improvements.
- Have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal essential.
This is a great opportunity to join a team working to inspire memorable, meaningful and sharable encounters and create a 21st century Museum experience.
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
He Oranga Tangata ka ao
Enriching lives: Inspiring discoveries
To apply for this job, please go to our job site and enter the job code 16630.