Head of Operations
E rau rangatira ma, he turanga tatai tangata tenei hei mahi rangatira mo te rohe nei.
Experience Wellington is a registered charity established by Wellington City Council as a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) to manage and develop its cultural and arts visitor experiences. We run six extraordinary visitor experiences: Capital E, Space Place at Carter Observatory, City Gallery Wellington, Nairn Street Cottage, Wellington Museum and the Cable Car Museum. We also support the operation of the New Zealand Cricket Museum and Hannah Playhouse.
Museums Wellington is looking for a Head of Operations to lead the business and operational activities for Museums Wellington in line with our values and new strategic direction. Museums Wellington consists of four visitor experiences - Wellington Museum, Nairn Street Cottage, Space Place and Cable Car Museum.
We are looking for an experienced leader to support the operations of Museums Wellington in business collections, exhibitions, and commercial (retail, venue hire). We are looking for someone who is business savvy and has strong analytical skills alongside project management experience. If you can work within tight budgets, understand and grow audiences, and deliver world class experiences, this is a great opportunity.
Skills, experience and qualities we're looking for...
- Experience in a role similar at senior management level
- Proven track record in delivering strategic, commercial and successful projects and activities
- Excellent organisational, project management, analytical, and research related skills
- Strength in building long-term relationships and partnerships with iwi/Maori
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in multi-disciplined/cross functional teams
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks, whilst maintaining attention to detail
If you can communicate a strong vision with an entrepreneurial spirit and have positive staff management experience this is the role for you.
This is an opportunity to join a motivated, high-performing team at Museums Wellington's group of dynamic and award-winning heritage attractions. This is a Permanent Full-Time position.
To view job description and to apply, go to our website.