Knowledge and Information Advisor
Te Papa Tongarewa
Are you a skilled information management professional looking for challenge and variety in a new role?
This role at New Zealand's national museum, Te Papa, is integral to the continuing development of an information management framework and effective records management services. The Knowledge and Information Advisor is part of a multi-disciplinary, customer focused team of digital and information management specialists. The team is responsible for improving access and use of information, records and library services at Te Papa.
As Knowledge and Information Advisor, you will support Te Papa's newly upgraded electronic document and records management system, organise the on-site records repository holdings, coordinate retention and disposal schedules, and provide guidance to Te Papa staff in relation to their recordkeeping responsibilities.
Experience using and supporting an electronic document management system is important, as are excellent people skills.
The Knowledge & Information Advisor will:
- have experience managing both paper-based and electronic recordkeeping systems
- know how to promote good information management, document management and recordkeeping practices
- have the ability to drive innovation and adoption; as well as enabling new ways of working with information and information systems
- be confident using databases and technology and have the ability to work in a changing environment, demonstrating flexibility
- enjoy providing user support, guidance and training to staff
- assist in developing and applying retention and disposal schedules
- co-ordinate the use of the on-site physical record repository and physical recordkeeping registration and processing practices
- ensure that, through good recordkeeping practices, Te Papa complies with its requirements and responsibilities under the Public Records Act (2005)
- be confident liaising with the eDRMS vendor to ensure an effective and well-functioning application
The successful candidate will have a qualification or equivalent practical experience in archives and knowledge management or a related field. They will also have a sound understanding of legislation and standards relevant to public sector recordkeeping.
If the above sounds like a good fit, we'd love to hear from you. To apply, please provide a cover letter describing how your skills, background and experience are fit with this role and a copy of your CV.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
For more information about the role contact Joanna Adkins
Email : Joanna.email@example.com
Applicants can apply here