If you are a museum studies graduate or if you are already an experienced and qualified person in the museum sector and want to either start or develop your museum career, then Russell Museum in the stunning Bay of Islands may have just the right opportunity for you.
Te Whare Taonga O Kororāreka is looking for a fulltime Manager with museum, managerial and curatorial skills to run our great little museum and prepare it for a future that includes an ambitious rebuild project in the next few years.
You will be able to undertake a challenging and interesting role while enjoying the life/work balance that is achievable in our beautiful area.
The successful applicant will have:
- Museum studies or similar qualification (essential)
- Strong business management skills
- Understanding of, and ability to work to Museum standards
- Ability to put processes for improvement in place
- Strong planning skills and ability to assist with strategic plan genesis
- Ability to assist with possible new infrastructure development
- Skills to positively represent the Museum within the profession and beyond
- Ability to consistently motivate and lead a team to excellence
- Skills in positive relationship development
- Good bookkeeping skills to ensure the accounting system is operated efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
This is a five day a week position.
For a full job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org