Museum Manager / Curator
Russell Museum | Te Whare Taonga o Kororareka
Russell Museum, Te Whare Taonga o Kororāreka is a small museum with big stories to tell. It is home to a unique collection of Taonga and managed by the Russell Centennial Trust Board.
This is an exciting time to join the team in a senior position as the Board move towards the development of a new purpose-built museum to tell the shared stories relating to Russell, Kororāreka and Īpipiri.
We are currently looking for an experienced Museum Manager/Curator to oversee the Collections and Operations of the site.
You will provide Curatorial leadership for the museum and have a leading role in driving the operations and income generation.
Some key responsibilities for this role are:
- Provide Best Practice in Collection care and management
- Follow Russell Museum’s policies and procedures on health and safety, security and Museums Aotearoa’s Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a team and encourage a sense of teamwork and common purpose with a collaborative approach.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Point of Sale, Stock control, procurement and financial management (we use Xero and Vend).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to handle effectively and with confidence at all levels.
This is a full - time position 40 hours per week.
To be successful in this position you will have a relevant qualification in Museum Studies or Curatorial Studies or minimum 2 years’ experience of working in a heritage environment.
You will be able to demonstrate people management skills and an understanding of retail and strong administration skills.
If you are organized and have a passion for heritage apply now to join this small but dedicated team.
For a full job description please contact : email@example.com