Tourism & Event Sales Manager
Auckland War Memorial Museum
Auckland War Memorial Museum: Connecting through sharing stories of people, lands and seas.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved culture and heritage organisation at the heart of Auckland's identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes. We are Auckland's home of commemoration as well as the country's oldest research institution and a major tourist destination.
We are seeking a Tourism & Event Sales Manager to join our commercial team. This is a permanent role, responsible for positioning Auckland Museum as a must-see tourism attraction for visitors to the city and in addition, to drive commercial event sales for the National (excluding Auckland) and International market.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Tourism & Commercial Events you'll develop and deliver sales strategies which deliver on revenue, visitation and profitability targets in these specific market segments.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 5-year minimum previous experience in driving sales in tourism and event, hospitality or related industries with a proven track record of delivering results
- Professional and meaningful industry relationships achieved through business development activities and active networking
- An entrepreneurial nature with the ability to build partnerships and create win-win situations
- The ability to gather and interpret customer and market intelligence to inform decisions and strategies
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and the team.
- An understanding of financial reports including budgets and forecasts relating to sales activity and the ability to manage costs within agreed parameters
- The flexibility to travel nationally and overseas to represent and promote the organisation.
Closing date: 5.00pm Wednesday, 20th November 2019.
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
Auckland Museum offers a rich and fulfilling work life where we embrace diversity and nurture our bicultural capability as demonstrated in our Teu le Vā and He Korahi Māori strategies. We also offer a range of great benefits such as flexible work and leave and an award-winning wellbeing programme.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
He Oranga Tangata ka ao
Enriching lives: Inspiring discoveries