Visitor Experience Manager
Stardome Observatory & Planetarium
- Newly-created, senior management role
- Unique opportunity and work place
- Contribute to a key Auckland attraction
Stardome Observatory & Planetarium is a place of exploration, education and research. We are woven into the fabric of Auckland City, having been passionate about sharing our love of space since 1967 from our One Tree Hill location.
This newly created role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to make their mark and drive important change in one of Auckland’s leading education and cultural institutions.
This role heavily focusses on the customer and ensuring this customer-centricity is disseminated throughout all Stardome teams. We are after someone who is comfortable with executing change, managing a small team and proactively leading the development of an outstanding service culture.
The Visitor Experience Manager will be responsible for lifting the overall quality for Stardome’s visitor experiences, working across the entire organisation to ensure we meet and exceed our audiences’ expectations of the exceptional ‘Stardome Standard’.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, this role is approximately 35 hours per week, involving some evening and weekend work and will report to the Chief Executive.
VEM responsibilities include:
- Managing our evening and weekend planetarium team, events, venue hire and FOH teams, fostering collaboration between all teams to achieve our shared objective of delivering high-quality, innovative experiences.
- Nurture a commitment to service excellence within your teams, developing staff capability, skills and culture.
- Working with the Public Programmes teams (presenters and FOH) to ensure all are fully trained in their respective roles and deliver exceptional customer service.
- In collaboration with the COO, Marketing Manager and wider management team, lead the development and delivery of innovative, targeted Stardome experiences and events designed to the meet the needs of agreed audiences, stakeholders and visitors.
- Liaise with the other cultural heritage institutions of Auckland to plan and execute events and programmes across the sector.
To be successful in this role, the VEM will:
- Passionate about and experience within customer-driven environments
- Be a team player, hands-on and have strong communication and organisation skills
- Have experience managing, mentoring and growing successful teams
- Be comfortable implementing change and working to KPIs
- Experience within the education, tourism, events or cultural sectors would be advantageous
Why this role? The VEM will enjoy
- A fun, innovative environment, working alongside a team passionate about what they do
- Staff social events and a unique work setting nestled within One Tree Hill Domain (we have lambs as neighbours during spring!)
- The opportunity to make tangible, significant change at an iconic Auckland facility
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Applications close July 20, 5pm.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job position as the subject line.