NEW Worksafe guidelines for workplaces including museums (15 May 2020)
Museums Aotearoa, Te Tari o Ngā Whare Taonga o Te Motu, is the independent professional association for New Zealand’s museums and galleries and those who work for them.
We support the museums of Aotearoa to be thriving and sustainable. Kia tino toitū, tōnu i ngā whare taonga o Aotearoa.
We do this by:
- advocating on behalf of members and the sector,
- nurturing excellence in professional practice,
- and extending manaakitanga toward our members.
Everything we do is underpinned by a commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Museums Aotearoa values:
- people who work in the museums and galleries sector in New Zealand
- partnerships established by Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- engagement with communities in the care and management, research, and interpretation of their treasures and taonga
- shared ideas and resources in collaborative projects inside the sector and with other partners
- development of expertise, research, mātauranga Māori and scholarship
- exchange of knowledge enabling New Zealand museums and galleries to set a benchmark for exemplary professional museum practices and ethical principles
- Museums Aotearoa members and staff respect the MA Code of Ethics & Professional Practice (2013)
Executive Director - Phillipa Tocker - Phillipa@museumsaotearoa.org.nz
Administration & Membership - Sarah Robinson, Lynne Carmichael
For membership enquiries, to advertise jobs and for other general enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MA Board and guests British High Commissioner HE Laura Clarke and Scholarship patron Errol Clark, February 2020
Emerging Museum Professionals appointee
Kaitiaki Ika Tauhou nominee
Pacific Advisory member
Next Museums Aotearoa Board meeting: 7 April 2020, via Zoom
Last Meeting: 28 February 2020, Wellington.